Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Like This Place


Gosh, my blog is boring lately.


I keep thinking I have nothing to say. All my creative efforts are being focused on much more lofty projects but I suppose I have a little bit to say, an update if nothing else....that only about six people will read...


Firstly...I HEART Colorado. Its so gorgeous here, and so laid back. I was so used to rushing around Salt Lake, feeling utterly frantic all the time, that it took me a good four weeks to realize that here I was the only one doing any rushing and I looked ridiculous. (Looking ridiculous might have more to do with me just being me rather than my rushing but I digress.) The scenery is gorgeous, the people are so nice here, I mean really, really, down to earth nice people. Everyone I meet at church, the gym, the grocery store, the library, is so friendly. I may never leave. PLUS, the get, like, no snow here.


The downers of Colorado right now? Mmm, the last time I got a pay check was the first of August, so I haven't made it back to Utah, or really anywhere beyond a seven mile radius in the last two months. However, I did get a job about three weeks ago, working as a an assistant teacher/secretary at the Detention School here. And yes, by detention I mean jail. I teach remedial math to murders. Seriously. This has been, so far, an incredibly eye opening experience, but not in the ways I'd expected. I'm learning a lot.


Also, Brandon is still in Wyoming. Still....BUT that could change soon. Let's just say I'm thankful for environment friendly laws/companies/weirdos. They are giving me a lot to look foreward to. I'm so anxious for this boy. So proud of him. So love him.



5 comments:

Lindsey said...

So glad you love it there - it really sounds great! Miss you!

Taunya said...

It is really pretty there. It's nice to live in a place where the pace has slowed down compared to what you are used to. The South was like that on my mission. It makes me think of Pres. Monson's talk on finding joy in your journey. Thats what it's all about.

Congrats on your new job! Bubbs said he should be joining you soon too. That will be so nice for you two!

I miss you guys!

GINGERSPICE said...

Dito, Dito, Dito and Dito to everything you said. Though I am not working with murderers, I do understand your feelings :)

So glad to have you here! Love you Much!

Cristi said...

I'm one of the six people who loves to read your updates on your (very not boring) blog! :) I love you! I'm so glad that you like Colorado! I think it's such a beautiful place. It's one state I wouldn't mind living in if we weren't in Utah. Where in Colorado are you? I've got a few friends who live there. And here's hoping Brandon makes it to you soon! Love you!

Haley said...

I can't wait to join you, being in richfield again actually kind of sucks, but I am happy to be here for now... Miss you!! SDLY