Saturday, August 8, 2009

This...



Most people know I am a lover of books, a lover of things lovely, and a lover of things haunting. The Lovely Bones is all of these. I first read The Lovely Bones while living in New Jersey and the story of Susie Salmon has stayed with and haunted me ever since. The perspective, the story, and the language of the book made an impression on me, leaving the book a permanent staple in my collection. It is a gorgeously told story, one I will return to again and again. I am excited to see this complex novel come to life, to visually see the story told (through Peter Jackson's eyes, no less!) and see the characters come to life. I think it is going to be stunning.

1 comments:

~Melissa~ said...

I love this book as well! I too am a lover of all things literary, and to be able to see this movie is going to be awesome. I just reread this book a few days ago and each time I do, there is always something new, I love to visualize it all in my head, can't wait to see how the movie compares!