Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010: A {Non} Love Letter

Dear 2010,


How I wish I could say it breaks my heart to part ways with you, that you were a year filled with joy, happiness, contentment, and peace, that I will look back on you fondly, and I will never forget you.

But let's honest, shall we?

Let's not kid ourselves. I'm not going to miss you. At all. Not even a little bit. I'm sorry, but the truth is harsh. You were hard and brutal in a way that at times left me crying buckets and made me look like a hot mess 87% of the time. And nobody likes a hot mess.

You were mean and ugly and merciless, not exactly traits I look for in the days and weeks that make up my life. And neither do my friends (you were pretty wretched to most of them, too. Seriously? What gives?).

While I wish I could forget you, completely block you from memory, I probably won't. You were mostly bad, but not all bad. You allowed me to watch our sweet Olivia grow. You brought the Husband and I closer together in ways I hadn't anticipated. You allowed both old and new friendships to deepen and grow. For these things I am grateful.

But all the rest of that crap? You can have it back if you like. I could have done without it.

So farewell, you worthless 12 months of nothing good. I am better because of you, but that doesn't mean we can still be friends. Don't come back. You're no longer needed. I have a New Year coming soon, and 2011 holds promises you never could have.

Good Riddance,
Julie

4 comments:

Tasha said...

I LOVE this, and I 100% agree! 2011 is gonna be awesome!

The Ottley's said...

Let's be honest!
Dear 2010,
YOU.SUCKED.BALLS!

T

Lamb said...

Finally! Someone who agrees that 2010 just really was a sucky year.. I am over it. 2011 better be awesome... or else.

M'Costa said...

Lolls when I read your last post I did think it wasn't really real lolls but at the end I got to believe lolls still laughing thou.

Yes 2011 will be, or better saying already is a better year..

good luck

God bless ya