Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dearest Haley/Baby Sleeza/Donkey,

I was just wondering, where did you get your fire? It's just so big. Who lit it?

Me? Sure I've got fire, but its more like a slow burning match. Or maybe its just that I am more stubborn than fiery. Maybe that's a whole other issue...anyway, I digress.

I respect your fire. You don't tolerate intolerance, unkindness, disrespect, or cruelty, and you have no problem calling the offender on their offense. I'm not really sure how to do that, but I'd like to. I guess that's my slow burning match for you...I'll just burn a tiny hole and become a bit irritating.

I admire your fire...as you no doubt admire my ability to rhyme. You're fire is brave, it doesn't flicker. I like that about you, that you don't flicker. I love my flickerless, fearless, fiery sister. You have guts that I think God forgot to give me. You are surprising, amazing, and fierce. You can do everything, and do it well. You do everything I can't do and you do it with a little kick. I hope to be more like you. Everybody should be more like you. Really.

I'm jealous of your fire. I just thought you should know.

SDLY,
Sleeza D.

2 comments:

kate said...

awwww...love the sleezas. they are my favorites.

Haley said...

That wasn't what I expected to see you blog about. I needed that today, and this week. This is an area I feel I lack. Sometimes I feel like someone blew out my flame and it is so hard to get it going again. Thanks Sleez! You are the best, and did I mention that I really miss you. Can't wait to see you this weekend. SDLY!!!!