Sunday, July 5, 2009

Road.


It's not easy to forget, nor is it hard to ignore what this is....

A garbled, tangled, mess. That's what it is.

The last 365 days, breathing in, breathing out. Waiting, waiting, waiting. That isn't to say that this garbled, tangled, mess isn't valid. Its very valid.

It has made us stronger. And if that is not the point, I'm not sure what is.

As husband and wife, we prayed, we inquired, we knowingly walked this road, but still not knowing that this road would extend so far. We've had no warnings. But we have had blessings. Blessings that I pick up along the way and carry in my hands, careful not to crush them. The tender mercies, the added sweetness to our marriage, the appreciation we may not have discovered otherwise, all protected, guarded, and cared for. Things that tell me, that tell us, that all this sacrifice has not gone unnoticed by Him.

We are being cared for.

And while this garbled, tangled, mess weaves in unpredictable patterns, new doors are appearing. New windows are opening. As exciting or new as they may seem, they scare me no less than what is happening now, but I remember that we are solid, we are happy, we are not unnoticed.

We are being cared for.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A really beautiful post Julie.

Lindsey said...

HUGE hugs for my pregger Jules...you are definitely cared for :)

M. Owen said...

Walking a similar, garbeled, paralell path, I too know that WE are being cared for. Sometimes it seems pointless, but then we can't see the end of the path. WE will make it. I am so glad that WE have each other and so grateful for happy marriages.

The Allen Family said...

You are so strong Jules. I hope you're feelin' good. Being pregnant is hard work dang it!