Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Bit More

Last night, like most nights, just before bed, Brandon and I stood over Olivia's crib soaking in the sweetness of our little baby. He touched her face, then I touched her face and we tip-toee out and into our room to settle down for the night. Prayers were said, scriptures read and we lay there curled up and talking about this and that.

Thinking about Liv I said, as I have said many times before, "Sometimes when I see her sleeping so peacefully like that, I just want to go get her and bring her into bed with us."

Brandon paused a moment, leaped out of bed and moments later walked back into our room, swaying back and forth and cradling Olivia. I watched him as he held her close for awhile before gently laying her between us, nestling her in the crook of my arm.

We lay there, the three of us, watching her sleep, bonding so quietly, so tenderly. I felt so overcome with love for my little family.

As Brandon and I drifted off to sleep I thought about all the many times things like this have happened. For whatever reason, the simple action of Brandon bringing her into our bed seemed a bit more profound and the tenderness in his actions spoke so loudly about the man I chose to spend eternity with, I felt myself fall a bit more in love with him.

I love him, I really love him.

3 comments:

Gavinn said...

It always seems to be the simple moments! Thank you for sharing!

Chris & Jennie said...

That is the sweetest thing.

Ginny said...

i LOVED this! this is the epitome of perfect. really. what could be sweeter than your own babe sleeping and you (who both created this perfect being) watching how peaceful she is!! we always go in an look at mayli while she's sleeping. there's just something so tender about a sleeping babe! love ya!