Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mama

This is my mama. (She just turned 50. I know. Gorgeous.)

She is pretty amazing. No, seriously. She is. I come from a long line of incredibly strong women, and my mom is no exception. She has been through enough in her life to fill two lifetimes and then some.

I could go on and on about her kindness and strength and all her amazing qualities for days, but really, anyone can see these things about her. Her goodness is obvious. But what is most important to me, what I know about my mom is this:

Her faith has never faltered. Her relationship with the Lord is beautiful. She has never questioned her Savior, let her testimony waver, or doubt our Heavenly Father's love. Ever.

This unbending faith has been the best thing she has ever done for me.

Tears come to my eyes thinking about this; thinking about trials she endured with my dad, raising 3 teenage daughters, providing for us, giving us everything we needed when she probably did without, what she had to do alone, the fact that she still beats herself up for things she had no control over, having to fear things alone, to fight alone.....all of it...I don't know how she did it and still managed to keep her faith intact.

Mom, you did good. You really, really did.

Happy Mother's/Birthday! Thank you a million times over. You amaze me.

SDLY

4 comments:

M. Owen said...

feeling a little teary now. I appreciate your thoughts Julie. I appreciate your gratitude, but you three girls are the great ones and I just hope that if there is one thing that you will always remember about me is that I do love the Lord and my testimony runs through me and oen of the very sure things in this life that I can depend on. It is there, He is there, always has been and always will be.

Ginny said...

beautiful. just like your mother :)

Lindsey said...

Love her...and you...It's clear how amazing your mother is by looking at you :)

Nichelle said...

I so appreciate this post Julie! Your mother is, without a doubt in my mind, one of the most amazing women I have ever met. All three of you girls reflect her greatness in a variety of ways. She truly has done a spectacular job in raising all of you. I just love the four of you women!