Tuesday, August 12, 2008

i wonder

i'm feeling better in these lucid blues.
my breaking bones don't seem to notice.
the savage, smart people are taking things
that don't belong to them.
i wonder.
the light seems unsteady, the quiet is
unnervingly falling between the couch cushions.
how can you expect me not to drop it?
you know no exclamation points are allowed.
i wonder.
those mouths have spoiled. those eyes
are much too shifty.
they owe us a loaded apology. hold nothing.
its over. we don't want to play anymore.
i wonder.





(what several days of unnecessary things does to my mind.)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love it. You made me want to write a poem. I love the line "those mouths have spoiled. those eyes"- fabulous line break! There were a lot of periods in the last "stanza" but maybe that's the effect you were going for? Anyway, awesome.

Julie said...

Yeah, that was what I was going for. I wanted it to be very abrupt, cause that is kind of how the last few days have been. There wasn't a lot of process involved in this other than it was what I was feeling last night at 10:30. Just "finished."