Sunday, August 3, 2008

I am...with my love, loving him, anticipating days to come.
I think...I pray, I know, I am.
I know...I am far more capable than I want to say out loud.
I want...simplicity, beauty, health, knowledge, love.
I have...love, knowledge, health, beauty, simplicity.
I wish...that distance wasn't plaguing all my relationships.
I hate...ignorance, unkindness, darkness, empty beds.
I miss...my husband, I miss my dad.
I fear...things I can't control, things that don't matter, things I already know I will do well.
I feel...adored.
I hear...the quiet, the wind, the crickets.
I smell...the smoke of Wyoming fires.
I search...for the next book, the next inspiriation, ways to avoid the heat.
I wonder...at the strength of those around me.
I regret...not appreciating culture sooner.
I love...my husband's face, his character, his being.
I care...about family, spirituality, broken lives.
I always...wonder if I am doing enough.
I am not...a natural athlete.
I believe...in the power of one.
I dance...rarely.
I sing...with heart.
I don't always...say what i mean, turn off the lights at night, read what I should.
I write...more than what is here, the way I think, the things I see.
I win...but who is keeping score?
I lose...at Scrabble, cards, and races.
I never...thought I could feel this much love, both given and received.
I listen...for the music when there shouldn't be any playing.
I can usually be found...with a book or pen in hand.
I'm scared of...irrational things.
I read...everything, all the time.
I am happy about...my education that teaches me that i know nothing.




*Anyone else?*

3 comments:

kim and ned said...

Julie, you are great. How do you do it? I love reading your blog.

kate said...

sheesh. and this is more proof that you need to be writing. more.

Meagan DeLange said...

I love you Julie. What you wrote made me cry. I can't wait for you to write a book - you could touch so many people.