Saturday, April 11, 2009

Weeks 16-17-18

The Little One is wiggling and moving. It's tiny punches and kicks are more frequent, but still unpredictable enough that every time I feel something, I hold my breathe and eagerly wait for more. Although I'm not generally granted my wishes for more movement, I am grateful. Only a few more weeks before we determine if our Little One will be a pink or blue Little One

A trip to the ER and lots of muscle spasms have consumed much of the last few weeks. It has been such intense pain, B has had to all but pick me up to help me move around. My inability to move like a normal person has been torture, but somehow ended up being a blessing in disguise.....down time=time with B.

I have felt a lot of "Am I ready for this?" feelings. My own doubts often try to cast shadows over what I know to be good and right. The adversary works in interesting and cruel ways and I am grateful for the strength to be able to see past them.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Julie
I am so excited for you to experience motherhood. It is truly the most amazing thing in the world. To get to carry and bond with that little person for nine months, and then to see how incredibly beautiful they are and how much they look like you is just awesome! You will be a great mom! I wish you all the best through this wonderful journey.

Cristi said...

You are SO ready! You will be an amazing mother!!

I'm sorry you've been in so much pain. I can't relate to being pregnant, but I can truly empathize with what it's like to be in immense amounts of pain and barely be able to move because of my arthritis. So I am sorry from the bottom of my heart.

I love you!

Anonymous said...

You will be a great mom! I saw the way you interacted with Jordyn and she loved you. I can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl!!!

Ashley Thalman said...

I am so excited to hear the name, the voice, the smile of that little ____. Feeling it?! That is by far THE BEST!
Loves.

M. Owen said...

If you are even half as good of mom as you are a daughter, our Little One, will be so lucky! I can hardly wait!

Jodi said...

You are going to be a fabulous mom! Can't wait to hear about the pink or blue! Also, I totally miss having you around to go to nerdy English-major things.

bd said...

Hey Julie!

Just checking on you, haven't stopped by in a while and thought I'd better see what you are up too. What did the Doc say about all the pain you're having?
I like your new colorful background!

Unknown said...

Julie sorry to read you have been in so much pain, I hope you feel better soon.

You are at the same stage as a teacher at out school, also a first baby.