Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yellowstone

Who goes camping at 6 and 1/2 months pregnant?



I do. And you know what? It was fun!



We packed up our camping gear (and by "we" I mean Brandon, I merely supervised) and headed for Yellowstone. B had a few days off and we wanted to make the most of them.



People have been so surprised that I dared venture out camping this far along, but really, it was no big deal. I slept better than I had in weeks (even though it snowed one night), we saw a gazillion animals (including a bear cub darting across the road in front of us), I got to be alone with the hubby, and be totally disconnected from everything else. Loved. It.





What didn't I love? Well...B had to literally push my keister up very mildly inclined, paved walkways, and I got to see a fully body shot of my prego self for the first time. Not. Amused. And the day we went to see Old Faithful was ridiculously overcast and rainy, making the steam and water coming out of the geyser blend in with the sky. We were less than impressed, but what can ya do?


But, like I said, I really enjoyed myself. No, really. I did!





Yeah, we were this close to a bison. Or is it a buffalo? Eh, who cares, we didn't get gored so its ok.




Love the scenery. The canyon is nice, too.






Brandon and me...looking hefty.





Mmm hmmm...Camping season is officially here.

6 comments:

Ashley Thalman said...

You look GREAT!!!! I would have thought, oh maybe 4, 5 months tops! you look great. So does that man of yours!

LaurenOpie said...

I'm sure this is going to be the theme of all your comments on this post, but seriously girl you look great!! You are waaaayy too hard on yourself. You look so great, honestly.

And that camping trip sounded wonderful. I hope you don't mind I lived vicariously through you for a few minutes. We tried camping about 3 months AFTER our Olivia was born, and you def picked the way to go. They are way easier to keep warm and fed and happy when they're in there. :)

Julie said...

Aww, thanks for the vote of confidence guys. To be fair, I did choose the most flattering picture of myself. But I appreciate the boost. I needed it.

Tasha said...

Oh my word Julie you totally are not hefty! You look so good! Seriously! And your bellt is still so small looking!

Taunya said...

Julie! You look awesome! You dont even look prego! I'm so glad you guys had a good time together. You soooo deserve some fun times with each other. Way to take advantage of your time together!

I actually went camping while I was prego with Savannah. She was the only one I was prego with during the summer months, or I would've gone camping being prego with all 4 of them. The only part that was hard for me was getting up off the mattress that was on the floor of the tent. That part sucked. Oh... and having to pee like crazy in the middle of the night and not wanting to waddle to the outhouse. So I had cups in the tent that I would pee in. Yah... VERY LADY LIKE! Hehehe! Other than that... it wasnt a big deal being prego and camping.

Unknown said...

Julie you really don't look 6 months gone or hefty! Very envious of the Yellowstone visit, but not so much the camping LOL!