Thursday, June 4, 2009

Weeks 21-25

Movements steadily developing, stronger, much more fierce. Her lungs growing stronger, preparing to fill my days with cries and laughter. Her baby fat has begun to fill in, making her all the more ready for her Auntie's to "squish" her.

I'm steady and unsteady. Terrified and excited. So ready and so not.

B rubs my tummy, whispering so sweetly, "Olivia Jane." I choke back tears, he is already better at this than I am and I love him all the more for it. We pray for her, we love her...this sweet little spirit whom we don't even know yet. We are slowly changing from "couple" to "family," and it feels right.

2 comments:

Ashley Thalman said...

You and Brandon will find different roles and different relationships with that little girl!
She is going to be great!

Jodi said...

Olivia Jane?! I love it!!! Jane is one of the names Aaron and I agree on, and I LOVE the name Olivia. I like Oliver too, but Aaron frowns every time I say it. :)