Monday, March 1, 2010

Oh. I might be an idiot.

So.

I made the awesome discovery that Olivia likes paper. She is completely amused and enthralled by it. At first I think, Fine by me, cheap toy! So very simple and it keeps her captivated for a rather lengthy amount of time (for a 6 month old).

Wow, I hurrah to myself. I'm brilliant!

So.

This afternoon on the way home from running some errands, Olivia gets a bit fussy. So what do I do? Give her a piece of paper. Cause she likes it. And I'm awesome to think of it. And it makes her happy.

We pull up to a stoplight and I glance back to check on the little miss and this is what I find.....





That's right. She ate it. Like, a lot of it. ( In my defense, she didn't eat all that as I found little pieces stuck to her face and straps of her carseat.)
I fed my baby paper.
I pulled the paper from my happy baby's hands and listened to her yell at me the rest of the way home, telling me exactly why I was mean for taking away her beloved paper and intermittenly smacking my own forehead at every thought of my idiotic-ness.
Yeah. Like I said. I'm brilliant.

6 comments:

Ginny said...

haha ive totally done that one!!!

The Beals said...

Me too!! Don't worry... it will all come out! I found these little cloth squares that sound like paper... but they are soft and can't be eaten. I can't even remember where now... but Hannah LOVED it when I gave it to her as a replacement.. I will see if I can figure out where to get them.

The Beals said...

http://store.pacifieronline.com/wizbp.html

There is a link to a place that sells them... Might be worth a try!

Hope you are doing great!!

Tasha said...

Hahaha! oh my goodness. this gave me a good laugh!

Lindsey said...

Just a little extra fiber :)

Cristi said...

Oh my GOSH! I literally laughed out LOUD! And I rarely do that. Thanks for making my day!