Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weeks 14-15

The earlier months of morning sickness and exhaustion given way to second trimester allergies and even more exhaustion. Strong aversions to food in general turned into a growing appetite but with still very few food items that are even remotely appealing. Emotions are settling and I am growing more in love with the idea of motherhood.

Little, tiny, fists and feet have made themselves evident in the form of bubbles popping. They have been faint and irregular with the exception of one swift kick two nights ago while I was drifting off to sleep.

Little kidney's are now functioning, facial expressions are working, and lungs have begun to develop. I am fascinated by the capabilities of my body, its ability to create and nurture without my even having to think about it. I am amazed, wholly and completely amazed.

5 comments:

Haley said...

This is taking TOO LONG!!! Hurry up... pa-pa-palease!

Jodi said...

This is so beautiful. I'm so happy for you.

Ralph and Jaquel said...

hey julie it's jaquel just saw your blog and thought i would stop in and say congrats once again!!!

Unknown said...

Hope you start to hit the feeling well and glowy stage soon.

BTW love your new background.

The Ottley's said...

Isn't it amazing?! I really have to stop and think about it from time to time. My body does a better job taking care of my baby than I think I can do when he's out here in the "real world". Maybe I'll give it a try... if it doesn't work out I'll "return" it. No- I take that back, that would not be so comfortable. I'll just have to learn from myself. :)